Completely Road Construction Solutions Provider, Chasing Superior
Comparison of Batch Type Asphalt Mixing Plant and Continuous Asphalt Mixing Plant
Generally, asphalt mixing plant is consisting of two types, batch type and continuous type; each type has its advantages. Then, how to choose the right one for your project? Here are some tips.
The key factors to choose a right type of asphalt plant are project requirements. In detail, capacity and finished asphalt quality matters. D&G Machinery has helped a lot of clients both domestic and abroad make right decisions on asphalt plant type, and we are glad to share them. First, let’s take a look at the characteristics and advantages of each type.
Batch Type Asphalt Mixing Plant
At present, batch type asphalt mixing plant is the most popular due to the below:
1. Accurate weighing, precise screening and batching. Therefore, the finished asphalt mixture is of good quality.
2. High efficiency, a single batch cycle is about 45 seconds and large capacity.
3. The recipes of asphalt mixture produced by a batch mix asphalt plant can be adjusted easily, thus it produces various kinds of asphalt mixtures.
4. It has wide applications, including highways, airports, national roads, city roads and country roads, etc.
5. Easy operation. Nowadays, most batch mix asphalt plant is automatically controlled.
Continuous Asphalt Mixing Plant
1. As is known by its name, a continuous mixing plant will produce asphalt mixture in a consistent run once it is started. Aggregate drying, heating and mixing are all taken place in a drum. Compared with a batch plant, a continuous asphalt plant is simple in structure because it has no mixing tower and elevating system; therefore, it required less land, less maintenance cost.
2. However, due to lack of precise screening, it requires precise control over aggregate feeding at the very beginning of a production.
3. A continuous asphalt plant required less initial investment compared with a batch mix one (with same capacity).
Batch type asphalt mixing plant: weighed by weight, each different sizes aggregate is metered independently, thus it is much preciser.
Continuous asphalt mixing plant: weighed by volume, which is relatively not so precise.
Batch type asphalt mixing plant: usually materials (aggregate, filler, bitumen, additives if necessary) are mixed in double-axles mixer, and mixing is conducted by batches, therefore, the mixing performance is even and homogeneous. Besides, the batch circle can be shortened or extended according to finished asphalt quality. What’s more, the way can be adjust very quickly and easily. All in all, a batch mix plant is an ideal equipment for high quality and special asphalt mixtures such as porous pavement, polymer modified asphalt pavement, emulsified asphalt pavement and RAP materials.
Continuous asphalt plant: the mixing must be consistent, steady and long enough.
The aforesaid tips are just for reference. The final decision is up to client. But in general, a batch mix asphalt plant is best for a large and medium-sized road construction project which requires high quality asphalt mixture. While a continuous asphalt plant is suitable for small and medium-sized road construction project which has tight investment.